Do we need all of these different theme-chapters?

Des bugs, des suggestions d'amélioration ?

Modérateur : jerodada

Francis
Bateau : Dotan Evolution (Racer) "effemm"

Message par Francis »

The new forum seems to be a good-looking and comfortable forum. Good job, Denis!

But do we need all theme-chapters or can we compress the forum? I am feared, that some notes are not read by all visitors, because they are standing in the wrong chapter.

My suggestion for chapters:

- No sepperation in french/english, but all titles in both languages
- Perhaps following names of chapters: Boat-types, Racing, Cruising, Technology/Equipment, market, other

What is your oppinion?

Perhaps someone can translate my text in french?

Francis
Denis
Site Admin
Prénom : Denis

Message par Denis »

Complètement d'accord avec toi Francis, je pense aussi qu'il y a trop de chapitres :oops:

N'hésitez pas à vous exprimer sur ce sujet et suggérer une organisation différente ! Ce forum est le votre :)
Denis
Site Admin

Message par Denis »

J'ai supprimé le "Forum International", car je ne pense pas qu'il fonctionne dans la mesure où tout est en Français (inscriptions etc...). Je pense qu'il serait intéressant de pouvoir échanger avec les micros disséminés un peu partout sur notre jolie planète, par exemple en ce qui concerne l'évolution de la classe. Pour quelques zeuros de plus c'est possible, qu'en pensez-vous ?
Francis
Bateau : Dotan Evolution (Racer) "effemm"

Message par Francis »

C'est le vieux problème: Beaucoup de pays ont trop peu voiliers, pour amener un forum au fonctionnement.

La seule possibilité que je vois: Nous unissons tous les pays avec leurs forums sous un toit et nous organisons des départements en anglais, polonais et allemand. Si cela aussi l'Autrichien et à la Pologne et si de la site international faisent, tous les pays ont advantages.

I don´t know, if I have said, what I think. My french is not good enough for that. What I mean:

It would be the easiest way to set Englisch as trafficlanguage, but i don´t think, that it works.
So we should unite the different small forums of the nation-homepages to one big, where there are different chapters in englisch, german and polish. When every nation-homepage (and the international HP) is linked to this forum it should work. So the possibility to exchange informations is better, even if there is a languagebarrier. Perhaps we should ask the different nation-webmasters about this. (I will ask the german :lol: )

Francis
Phil de Troy
Prénom : Philippe
Bateau : Micro Proto Shanta

Message par Phil de Troy »

All forums are useless if they aren't read by the national athorities.
The MCF forum is going very slowly, MCF complains all the messages are coming from no more than 5 persons, one of them is a Belgian, it doesn't give a picture of the ideas of the majority...

A Polish forum is just readable for Polish people...
A German forum is good for Germans and Austrians.

On international level, I think an international forum is not easy to manage. Procedures in IMCCA would not work properly that way : only nations make proposals, and if they are not aware of the questions, nothing will change.

For nations with just a few Micros, they may rely on a foreign national forum : Belgians are following MCF and Go-Neptune.org, probably Austrians read micro-ger.de.

On the other side, an international forum in English can be the only one to bring all interested parties to speak together.

I will speak about it to other national representatives during the season. Perhaps I will make a test by myself and submit it to IMCCA later.

Denis, can you give me information about the provider and costs ?
Merci d'être venus si nombreux régater en Belgique depuis plus d'un tiers de siècle !
Mon (vieux) site Web personnel - Les pages de mon Micro -
Quelques pages techniques Micro - Mes dernières aventures océaniques
Denis
Site Admin

Message par Denis »

Don't worry Francis, your french is almost perfect :wink:

I agree with Phil that an international forum can only be in one language, and the most obvious is english. Of course, not everybody speaks english, but if we can communicate with some people from different countries like Australia, Austria, Germany, Italia, Poland, Argentina, USA ... that would be great ! They may tell us how they consider the Micro Class, and what are there expectations.

My provider is http://www.hosteur.com/

They are the cheapest that I could find considering the range of services they offer. We pay 24 Euros for the disk space (110 Mo), and 15 Euros for the domain name (OVH is cheaper considering the price of the domain name, but much more expensive considering disk space). Unfortunately, we are allowed to open only one Mysql data base, and thus to have only one forum. To get a second data base, they ask an additional 10 Euros, which is not very expensive, but I have to get the approval from the association first :roll:

The forum is free and can be downloaded here
Denis
Site Admin

Message par Denis »

I'm raising up this subject just to say that the international forum has been established, and is now being managed (and paid) by the IMCCA. Thanks to Phil :) A lot of people from different countries registered and that's a great satisfaction (I can't get no ...:sm193: ).

I did on my best to promote the micro class at the national and international level on the web. Now, it will be sad that all my efforts vanish because there's nobody to replace me. I open up a new section for the French Micro Class but obviously, it did'nt work...

Possibilities were also provided to other sub-classes: Microsails, Microchallengers, Jouet 550, Corsaires (sorry), or any kind of micro you want, but yet no feedback.

So if you like this web site and this forum, please contribute and help in its management, otherwise it may close :(

All the best,

The ouaibmasteur :sm43:
Répondre